Playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Monday 5 December 2011

The Diary of a Not-So-Senior Senior

The Idol Countdown.


    December brings to mind Christmas, Boxing Day sales, midterms, winter holidays, the New Year, snow, what have you. Students spend the beginning of the month hidden behind textbooks, waiting for the last exam; the day winter break begins. The closer it gets to the 31st, excitement for what the new year will hold sinks in. Some even begin coming up with possible New Year’s Resolutions. Most just plan New Year’s Eve parties. But what do I most look forward to?

The start of a new season of American Idol, come January.

    I love the show. Too much. I follow the whole season, come rain or shine. The auditions, though most people LOVE them, are not my favorite part. My favorite part is the last few weeks, the veeerry last few.
I’ve been a fan of the show for as long as I can remember. I started watching it during season 3. By far, my least favorite were seasons 3, 5, 6, 9, and 10, while my most favorite was season 7, when David Cook won. I watched his audition, and said, “He’s going to win.” I stood by him through till the end. I even asked my aunt in the US to vote for him. And he won.
    I’m not sure why I love Idol so much, but the first few months of the year are never complete, if I don’t have my Idol-watching days. Although, last year and the year before that, Star World was a right pain in the neck, showing episodes a week or two late. Last year was the worst, and then Scotty won. I have nothing against the guy, but its just that, REALLY? THAT is what won? I mean, COME ON. Haley Reinhart had a voice of pure gold. GOLD. And they voted her out. SO not fair.
    The fact that the judges have changed makes no difference to me. Simon Cowell was great, no doubt. Kara DioGuardi was unnecessary but not unwelcome. Paula Abdul was too nice for her own good. Randy Jackson is cool. Ellen DeGeneres was the BOMB. Jennifer Lopez is good enough. Steven Tyler is “ill”. Ryan Seacrest, however, is EPIC. I think the show wouldn’t be half as watchable if he wasn’t the host. I cant imagine Idol without him. If he were to leave it, I’d seriously consider not watching it anymore. The past couple seasons have been disappointing enough, as is.
    Be that as it may, for the time being, what I most look forward to, come December, is January, wherein a new season of Idol will be aired, during which a star will be born. Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. Ryan Seacrest is evil. He keeps torturing the world with increasing numbers of shows about the Kardashians.
    And Scotty was the love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was referring to Ryan Seacrest's relationship with Idol. But yes, the Kardashian shows are horrid.
    Haley was so much better. Scotty has an impressive voice, but by no means was he better than Haley. She is LOVE.

    ReplyDelete