Playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Sunday 30 October 2011

The Dog and Pony Show (part 2)


Ayla's turn.
(Commentary by Daniyal)

If you’re reading this after having read part 1 (as any normal person would) then I guess you saw something (Daniyal) in it which made you want to read on, to stay here and give what we have to say a chance. Here’s hoping this post doesn’t discourage you from becoming a fan.
            The whole point of this is to give you (the blogosphere) an idea of who we are, and what we are all about. It may be pointed out that that is what the About Me was for, but the About Me had a word limit, and anyone who knows me (only known her a week, but even I know this) knows I can’t stay within a limit (limit of what?) and say everything I wish to say on the topic at hand. It’s kind of impossible. So I came up with the idea of this sales-pitch, in two parts. One by myself, and the other by my more able (Word!!), to stay within a word limit, that is (what a let down), counterpart (counterpart? I thought we were partners).
            Enough explanations! Why do busses come in threes? I really want to know (would’ve told ya if you hadn’t said “enough explanations!”). Maybe it should be on my list of things I want to accomplish by starting this blog – finding the answer to why busses come in threes. (One day Aisles…. One day) Or do they come in twos? Something like that… I’m going to take this opportunity to establish my being anti-technology (despite the fact that technology gave birth to this blog), although I am particularly partial to my cell phone. And now the computer, aswell, as a result of having made this blog – of which the website-making expertise is my own, and the other stuff (she means genius) is Daniyal’s…
            Apart from that, I also wish the world was still somewhere between the late 1800s and early 1900s (you people couldn’t vote back then), till around the fifties (the world can’t be in 50 years at the same time) (or maybe it is because of that – I’m not really big on how fast technology is developing). I wish I was alive back then. Or in the sixties. The eighties ruled, though. THINK OF THE MUSIC (nostalgic wannabe)!!  Am I the only one in today’s day and age who is FASCINATED by airplanes? Fascinated to the point of being stupefied by them. And I’m not exaggerating the slightest bit! I cannot fathom how we were able to invent these flying machines (due to her A level subject selection)*. And how they stay up! And how hard and daunting a task it must be to fly planes. I wish I was a pilot. I still can be…     
             This is sounding more and more like a confused journal entry than an explanatory blog post. I’m not really selling the point of the blog very well (you aren’t even trying). Ah well, another challenge for another day’s post, I guess. Oh. Wait. It was the challenge for today’s… This is going to be hard. Not really. But maybe. Stick around, I promise the next one will be relatively saner (we can dream...).  Kthnxbaii

*(Literature, History and Thinking Skills. Physics would’ve given her the answer.)

6 comments:

  1. I second the 'nostalgic wannabe' part.....if you're part of a certain H2-Med where you have the likes of a certain dinosaur and a steadfast pacifist occupying the seats on either side of you talking about the 70's nevermind a certain barbarian (I don't expect to have seen the cartoon) making biased comments on an even more biased music history argument, then you don't need to explain the reasons of your stance, and thus I shall not either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understood.
    Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion, ya'know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. god, I hate those 70's loving kids in H2 Med

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know them... But they cant be THAT bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahem. NINETIES LOVING. and im not even nostalgic, excuse me, i'm perfectly satisfied with the music scene of today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nineties were good too. This century screwed up music. Not completely, but sort of.

    ReplyDelete