Playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Saturday 29 October 2011

The Dog and Pony Show (part 1)

Contributed by Daniyal.
(Commentary by Ayla)


            I wish I could name this blog something as random as “Saddam Hussein and Warren Barton” (4th last chapter of Fever Pitch) (isn't it already pretty random?). But not everyone is Nick Hornby. Despite his awesomeness, I’m still a United fan (HEY, so am i!). Random things are amazing (like this blog of ours…).  But everything can’t be random. Because then nothing would be random. Similarly, not everyone can be Lemony Snickett and say “I sincerely advise you to walk away from this book”. If everyone said that….well,  you get the pattern. It is with that in mind that I urge you to please give this blog a chance (I second that motion). You’ve gotten till here. You might as well read on. Come on.          
I don’t know many quotes by heart (I know a lot… Balance ho ga). Dad sends one by text every morning (naice). Still, I prefer making up own quotes (point kya raha, phir?). Here’s one of my most recent ones: “There’s more to life than what you can put in a college application.” If you haven’t gotten to A2 yet, don’t worry. You’ll realize soon enough where I’m coming from (sense-making *nods knowingly*).
If this were an MUN study guide (but you don’t MUN. I do), I’d tell you that I’m different from the rest of mankind in that I love to eat and sleep (found something we have in common!). But it’s really hard to eat and sleep simultaneously (trust me, I’ve tried…). So whoever claims that they love to eat and sleep, they’re bullcrapping.
Coming back to the randoms (never left them), this blog isn’t random at all. Or won’t be in the future at least. What may look like a couple of random articles written by bored teenagers who have nothing to do (you just learnt the definition of the word “bored”. Yes we educate as well), might well be the start of something new. In fact I can guarantee that this is the start of something new (per se). Because it clearly isn’t the start of something old (point).
If you’re as confused as a desi mexican, don’t be. Just wait for a second. Think about why you’re confused. And then, just choose not to be (Just do it… Nike).                               
You really thought that would work didn’t you (hahahahaha gotcha)? Wow dude trust me, you need to keep reading. But only if you found the fact that you were just fooled to be pleasant. If you’re angry at how gullible you are (it happens to everyone, once in a while), don’t be. Just wait for a second… No, I won’t do it again. I’m not that evil (he really isn’t).                   
That, is basically me (well, there is more to you…). Or what I am right now (that’s more like it!). Which may or may not be the same person I will be at the end of this sentence (stop confusing them!). Doesn’t really matter. Just try to enjoy yourself. And don’t play with the toy so much that it breaks (which is not to say that our blog is all fun and games, because it isn’t… At least, not at the moment…).

7 comments:

  1. Ummm,fondue for all? isn't that like a Glee reference???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten points to Gryffindor! Indeed, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw daniyal, you misspelt "snicket". shame on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. no way. it was a typo. you know i wouldnt

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was me (Ayla), probably, while commenting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again I say: HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete